It may simply be that I’m spending a number of time outside with my youngsters (and normally holding the infant), however this summer time has appeared unusually sizzling to me.
Not solely has it been sizzling, however the humidity and warmth index appear to be competing to see which might break probably the most data. While some days I’d fairly simply camp out inside (in an ice tub), summer time is the time for backyard shenanigans, sprinkler-running, slip-and-slides, mountaineering and ziplines… so outdoors it’s!
This DIY cooling spray feels superb on the pores and skin on a sizzling summer time day and is my secret weapon for staying cool outdoors. Bonus: it makes use of solely 3 elements I nearly at all times have round.
Natural Cooling Spray for Skin
The concept for this spray happened when taking a break from working outdoors to reapply homemade bug spray and drink a gallon of water. I observed that the bug spray left a cooling sensation on the pores and skin and helped it appear not so sizzling.
Surprised at how refreshing it was, I noticed that the pure properties of the witch hazel and peppermint important oil within the spray created the cooling sensation.
I made a decision to make a sprig for occasions once I needed to chill off with out smelling like a citronella candle. The end result was this cooling spray which I now preserve readily available throughout yard work, seashore time, or backyard BBQs.
I’ve additionally discovered that this cooling spray works very well for serving to take the “itch” out of bug bites and the burn out of sunburn.
This spray makes use of solely three pure elements that profit the pores and skin:
- Aloe Vera – Aloe is naturally anti-inflammatory and great for skin. It is moisturizing with out being oily and is ideal for these with regular or barely oily pores and skin. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, it’s typically utilized in anti-aging pores and skin merchandise as effectively.
- Witch Hazel – Though I used to be first launched to witch hazel after the start of my first youngster, once I was given a container of spherical cloths soaked in witch hazel and instructed to make use of them on hemorrhoids (which I didn’t even have). Though we didn’t get off to the perfect start, I’ve grown to love witch hazel for its benefits in skincare and pure cures. It is barely antiseptic, which makes it cooling and nice for pores and skin. In reality, it’s typically used to take away extra oil and combat blemishes and blackheads. Its potential to shrink blood vessels and scale back irritation makes it helpful for hemorrhoids and in addition for cooling the physique.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Most aromatherapists would say that on this small focus, peppermint is generally considered safe, however I’d positively advocate checking with an aromatherapist or certified practitioner earlier than utilizing this or any important oil whereas pregnant/nursing or on babies. If you don’t really feel snug utilizing peppermint important oil, you completely omit it (witch hazel is cooling by itself). You may additionally infuse dried or recent peppermint leaf into the witch hazel for per week or so earlier than making this spray for a much less concentrated model. To do that, add 3 tablespoons of dried mint to a glass jar and canopy with 1/2 cup of witch hazel. Cap tightly and stir every day for 1-6 weeks. Strain and use the witch hazel.
DIY Cooling Spray Recipe
A fast spritz of this super-simple cooling spray on the pores and skin feels superb on a sizzling day and makes nice after-sun care as effectively.
- Combine all elements in a glass spray bottle. (I like this kind.)
- Shake or stir till effectively blended and blended.
- Spray as wanted to assist cool off in the summertime or on bug bites or sunburn.
Note: Keep this spray within the fridge for further cooling energy! Ahhh…
Goal: Embrace Summer While It Lasts!
I’ll complain in regards to the warmth infrequently (particularly when it will get muggy), however don’t get me incorrect… I like this season! There are so many health benefits to being outdoors, and I by no means remorse it once I resist the urge to remain within the air-con and cross off some extra summer bucket list objects!
Has it been sizzling the place you reside? If you reside on the opposite aspect of the world, are you able to ship us some cool climate quickly?