Ok, I’ll simply come out and say it… this podcast episode is one among my all-time favorites! Jim Kwik is a well known knowledgeable in velocity studying, brain health, reminiscence enchancment, and accelerated studying. He’s additionally a superb pal and somebody I actually admire in each manner.
As with a lot of my visitors, there’s extra to his story. Jim overcame a traumatic mind damage in childhood by creating methods to dramatically improve his psychological efficiency.
Two a long time later, he works as a mind coach with individuals all around the world. His aim is to assist everybody unleash their true genius and dwell a lifetime of larger energy, productiveness, and goal.
Episode Highlights With Jim Kwik
- why nearly every thing we predict we find out about studying is flawed
- how Jim went from not having the ability to end a guide to instructing the perfect on the earth
- challenges our youngsters will face as jobs transfer towards synthetic intelligence, automation, and outsourcing
- meta-learning and different highly effective methods to study something a lot quicker
- the huge distinction between what to study and how to study
- why intelligence isn’t fastened and the way to cater to your individual distinctive strengths
- how to abolish the idea that you just don’t have a superb reminiscence, eternally
- the three superpowers to encourage with children: creativity, creativeness, technique
- how to convey creativeness and creativity again into training
- what emotion has to do with reminiscence
- the explanation kids can study something quicker (it has to do with play!)
- the trick to getting info into your long-term reminiscence
- why solely one-third of your mind is set by genetics (and the way to affect the opposite two-thirds)
- how a lot of studying occurs in sleep (one more reason why sleep is so dramatically necessary for mind health)
- 10 issues Jim would suggest for fogeys to assist children love to study
- an necessary motive not to name your child gifted
- how to reward work ethic and grit in kids as an alternative of simply achievement
Resources We Mention
Jim Kwik’s Favorite Books
More From Wellness Mama
Quotables From Jim Kwik
The similar degree of considering that created your downside received’t resolve it.
If data is energy, studying is our superpower.
With children, it isn’t how good they’re… however how are they good?
Knowledge is what’s, and creativeness is what will be.
If individuals realized how highly effective their brains are, they’d by no means say anythign to themselves that they don’t need to be true.
If an egg is damaged by an out of doors drive, life ends. If it’s damaged from an inside drive, life begins.
Genius is realized.
Do you wrestle with reminiscence or studying? What strategies have helped you? I’d additionally respect it for those who would please take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I worth understanding what you assume and this helps different mothers discover the podcast as properly!
Many Thanks to Our Podcast Sponsors
This episode is introduced to you by Genexa. These are cleaner, more healthy medication and homeopathics, all natural and Non-GMO, extensively examined, and with a particular patented system that lets them take out the dangerous components. One of my favorites is their saline spray and drops, these are freed from parabens and fillers which can be in lots of saline sprays. It is nice for flushing away congestion and nasal signs from allergy symptoms and colds, and there’s an toddler and child protected model. I at all times travel with this and use it earlier than and after getting on an airplane to assist scale back the possibilities of getting sick by flushing out my nasal passages. You can store this and their complete line of natural and Non-GMO medicines by going to Genexa.com/Wellnessmama and use code WELLNESS for 20% off your order!
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market, an organization I’ve recognized and cherished since their very starting. Thrive was based with the mission of creating actual meals obtainable and inexpensive to everybody within the US and ending meals desserts, or areas just like the one I used to dwell in the place natural meals was troublesome or inconceivable to discover regionally at instances. Here’s a tip. Check out the Thrive Market line of merchandise. They have actually top quality merchandise at a cheaper price than most different manufacturers. For occasion, I order their canned sardines by the case as they’re the most affordable and most suitable choice I discovered. They’re an amazing protein supply and I exploit these in issues like sardine and tuna salad or I simply eat them alone with some mustard. I additionally flip to their merchandise for bulk objects like gluten free flours, baking substances, nuts, raisins, and just about all of my different pantry staples. Just for being a Wellness Mama podcast listener, you may get 25% off your first buy at Thrive, plus a 30-day free membership by going to thrivemarket.com/Katie.