I do know… it’s irritating. You eat proper 99% of the time, train, and don’t smoke or drink… however nonetheless don’t really feel effectively. Worse but, your buddy who drinks soda and quick meals appears more healthy than you!
I’ve been there (belief me), and I’m excited to speak about in the present day’s matter as a result of I feel it has loads to do with why health isn’t a degree enjoying area. I’m right here with Alex Swanson, the founding father of Nutrition Genome. Alex might be essentially the most educated person I’ve ever spoken to on the subject of DNA testing. He’s a second-generation nutritionist and co-owner of the Swanson Health Center, a non-public household medical diet follow that’s been in enterprise for over 40 years. He’s additionally the creator of the favored weblog, The Health Beat.
This matter is close to and pricey to my coronary heart since figuring out extra about my very own genes was a health game-changer for me. Let’s dive in!
In case you haven’t heard of it earlier than, Nutrition Genome is a service you may order (with out a physician). Based on their lab evaluation from a easy swab of saliva, Nutrition Genome compiles a 50-page report on 8 health classes exhibiting how your genetics have an effect on your want for sure nutritional vitamins and minerals, in addition to which toxins or meals your physique might not deal with effectively.
You can see a sample Nutrition Genome report here.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- crucial genes to know and help for a wholesome being pregnant
- what the BRCA gene is and the best way to strengthen this gene
- the environmental toxin that will increase most cancers threat (and the meals to keep away from) in case you have BRCA genes
- the rationale crimson wine may also help defend your genes
- how lowering dairy can defend sure genes
- how eating 27 greens per week can scale back most cancers threat by 73%
- the actual connection between APOE and Alzheimer’s
- what you are able to do to guard your mind in case you have APOE
- what analysis exhibits may also help defend in opposition to Alzheimer’s
- how stress instantly impacts genes
- what the PEMT gene is and the way it impacts reminiscence and health
- a motive to keep away from antihistamines and sure sleep medication
- the gene you wish to know in case your children have, particularly in the event that they ever get a concussion
- the best way to know if caffeine is sweet for you or not
- genes that relate to psychological health and the way they may also help you scale back nervousness & melancholy
- the genes that relate to athletic efficiency and skill
- PTR-Alpha: the best way to know if you happen to don’t do effectively with fasting
- the gene that signifies that you could be not do as effectively with saturated fats
- what genes relate to vitamin D and the best way to know in case you have them
- the VDR gene cofactors that influence vitamin D absorption
- but one more reason that sugar is unhealthy for us and needs to be prevented
- why its so essential to maintain glutathione ranges excessive (and the best way to enhance it)
- understanding omega-3 and if we want it or not
- and extra!
Resources We Mention
Have you ever tried genetic testing? What did you discover out, and did it assist? And please, take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I worth figuring out what you suppose and this helps different mothers discover the podcast as effectively.
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This episode is delivered to you by Four Sigmatic. My kitchen is at all times stocked with their coffee mushroom blends, their Matcha combine, and their straight mushroom drinks. Four Sigmatic has found out the best way to get the advantages of mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, cordyceps and reishi into scrumptious instantaneous drinks. My present favourite is their adaptogen coffee mix that has tolsi and astragalus. But I like all of their merchandise. They have choices with or with out caffeine so if you happen to’re not a caffeine person yow will discover merchandise that you’ll love. And I discover that even their coffee blends that do include caffeine have lower than a standard cup of coffee. But don’t let this idiot you. I’ve discovered that I get a lot extra focus and psychological readability from these mushroom blends than I do from common coffee, and with out the jitters. The addition of the mushrooms, that are thought of nootropics, that means that they’re good for the mind makes these tremendous meals blends simpler and far more healthy than simply common outdated coffee. I like them with a splash of macadamia milk personally. I additionally love that a lot of their drink mixes are instantaneous and packaged into particular person servings so they’re excellent for travel or on the go. If you’re listening to this, then you may get a particular provide only for listeners of this podcast by going to FourSigmatic.com/WellnessMama.
This podcast can be dropped at you by Good Culture. Good Culture makes superb cottage cheese. I do know, I do know, not essentially two phrases you’d put in the identical sentence on on a regular basis talking. But theirs is superior, I promise, even if you happen to don’t love cottage cheese. Basically, it’s naturally fermented cottage cheese so it’s freed from gums, fillers, and components and it’s full of probiotics. And as a result of it’s made naturally it doesn’t have that bizarre mouth really feel that lots of cottage cheese has. So, I exploit it on a regular basis in cooking and smoothies as an alternative to different kinds of cheese, or only a meal on the go. You can discover it at Whole Foods and plenty of different grocery shops and it is available in yogurt-sized cups too, and people are excellent for meals. Check them out. It’s Good Culture and they’re accessible at many grocery shops. I share one of my favorite recipes using Good Culture here.