You know what I simply realized? I simply realized that I can tie totally different eras from my teenagers and 20s to Aaliyah’s music. Like, Jen, Cindy and I performed Back and Forth a lot in the summer season earlier than I left for school, after which in the spring of my senior yr at Davis, Are You That Somebody was nearly continually on the radio at any time when Eleanor, Mary Anne, Christine and I drove anyplace (In-N-Out after class, to the metropolis late at evening to go clubbing, home parties, the library, to go rollerblading throughout city, to the fitness center).
And then round the time El Hub and I met, Rock the Boat was THE JAM.
Aaliyah’s legacy lives on by her music, and her followers lobbied onerous for a MAC assortment.
I wore my first look with it in the present day (I plan to do at the very least another with a lip), and listed here are pics, swatches (NC42) and a few ideas (in the video). First impression: holy shimmer!
The MAC Aaliyah Collection
Coming June 20th to the MAC website and June 21st to pick shops
LIPSTICK ($17.50 every)
- Try Again: comfortable muted beige (matte)
- Hot Like…: creamy fire-red (amplified)
- More Than a Woman: cool deep pink (amplified)
- Street Thing: pure black with shimmer (frost)
LIPGLASS ($17 every)
- Brooklyn Born: sheer nude with pearl
- Li Li’s Motor City: coral with shimmer
- At Your Best You Are…: heat berry
- 1 In a Million: deep wealthy purple
LIP PENCIL ($17.50 every)
- Nevermore: pure black
- Follow Your Heart: intense violet purple
AGE AIN’T NOTHING/EYE SHADOW X 9 ($32)
- Creative Copper: metallic gold (lustre)
- That Somebody: gold brown with gold shimmer (satin)
- Princess of Soul: muted golden brown (matte)
- Gingersnap: muted pinky coral (frost)
- Deception: cool medium brown (frost)
- Dance in the Dark: deep cool brown (matte)
- Lovesmoke: sterling silver (veluxe pearl)
- Magic Moor: mauve plum with delicate shimmer (veluxe pearl)
- Care 4 You: black with silver sparkle (lustre)
BRONZING POWDER ($27)
- Baby Girl: pure golden with comfortable pearl
No frosty beige lipstick? I’m stunned. There is a darkish lip liner, and I might have worn that in the late ’90s, however I wouldn’t have worn it with the matte beige they included in the assortment… I might have achieved it with a frosty beige or a frosty pale purple. 😂
See something you want?
Your pleasant neighborhood magnificence addict,